An overview of the American Art Pottery Association
- To promote an interest, understanding, appreciation, and recognition of American Art Pottery
- To unify and strengthen the voice of collectors and dealers of American Art Pottery
- To foster a members’ Code of Ethics for buying, selling, exhibiting and publishing about American Art Pottery
- Six issues of the Journal of the American Art Pottery Association, published bi-monthly
- The opportunity to have your current Web site included in our Links to Member Sites.
- The opportunity to register for, attend and participate in the annual National Convention, Show, Sale and Auction, held in the Spring
- The opportunity to submit your “mystery pots” to the AAPA Mystery Page for identification.
- The opportunity to post your “wants” on the AAPA Member Want List.
- The camaraderie of networking with and learning from other collectors and dealers of art pottery
- A copy of the Directory of Membership, including our Code of Ethics and By Laws (Our Membership Directory is available only to members. Our member list is never sold to outside groups.)
- The right to display the AAPA Member Sign signifying your membership in the only national organization dedicated to promoting interest, understanding, appreciation and recognition of American Art Pottery
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have a collection of American Art Pottery or be a dealer to become a member?
No, we welcome all those who have a serious interest in American Art Pottery, whether they have one favorite piece or a collection of hundreds.
Aren’t the members mostly dealers trying to sell to each other?
Not at all. Only a small number of our members are dealers. What unifies us is our common interest in pottery. And, you will find ALL our members more than willing to share their knowledge and experience with you.
Join the American Art Pottery Association!
Join the more than 1,000 American Art Pottery enthusiasts who have united in their common interest and pursuit. Join them in sharing and learning.